Monday, July 11, 2011

The End of an Era + a Little Love for Neville Longbottom







It's that time again, but this time it's for the last time. The last HP(Harry Potter for you muggles XD) movie is coming out this week. As I struggle to find some people to go with me this weekend, all media outlets will be pouring out the HP love. I'm excited. I'm not really having bittersweet feelings that I've read that other people have but I'm really excited to see this movie. I feel like this will be my favorite movie of the summer. It's kind of crazy to think this franchise has been in half of my life.

Well to begin when Harry Potter first came out I was not interested at all. I remember my momma suggesting I read the books when we were at a bookstore once and we walked past a display. This was way before the movies and such and I thought she was crazy. "They're too long! And who wants to read about witches anyway?!" She never suggested again. Then in 7th grade I needed a book for silent reading and had nothing to read so a guy in my class had The Chambers of Secrets and let me read it. I was pretty intrigued and had to get the read the beginning. So began my love for HP. That Christmas I got the first three books and was addicted. For the record my favorite book is Prisoner of Azkaban. I think Rowling gets a perfect blend of humor and darkness in it. Second favorite is Order of the Phoenix just cause Luna is introduced. She's my fave. I remember reading all of books 4-7 on the weekends they were released in at least 48 hours.

But anyway I'm sharing a little bit of Longbottom love. He is the unsung hero of the series. He's one of my faves just because I feel like he has the most growth within the series. The movies show him no love. But with that poster I think they will show Neville's glory. There's so much they cut out from Longbottom. Like how Neville helped Harry in the Triwizard tournament, Neville's parents were targeted by Voldermert too, Neville could of been Harry, ect. I think Rowling did a great job of developing Neville and he's just a fun character. I remember reading an article saying that the trio was going to be a quintet with Neville and Seamus tagging along in the Chamber of Secrets but JK's editors said it be best to narrow down the group. But whatever at-least Neville gets to kill Nagini. Plus Matthew Lewis has really grown into his looks. XP


But Rowling has committed to more HP stuff. There's Pottermore that's supposed to be an extension of the HP universe where you can learn more about the characters and such. I think there is some kind of online role playing going on. Not exactly sure, but that should be interesting, but I guess we'll see how that'll work out.

Here's the link to the website!


No comments:

Post a Comment